Rate50.com Data, charts and analysis about all 50 “States” (I wish I had time to update this experiment).
Writings on Medium:
Read over 100 stories here. From data science, to software development, to economics and finance.
A RESUME OF SORTS
Most of my work involves making my boss look good, messy data, customized reports and fixing legacy software. I understand business; I understand Ezra Pound. Everything overlaps.
- 15+ years of Microsoft programming, Visual Studio, .NET, ETL, SQL development.
- Highly skilled in last-mile reporting using MS Office, Excel, VBA, ADO, ODBC, etc.
- Competent in all core web technologies.
- Self-motivated & disciplined self-starter
- Excellent communication skills
- VB/C#, .NET, T-SQL, LINQ and Python
- SQL Server, Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
- VBA Access/Excel/PowerPoint/Word
- Good understanding of legacy 32- and 64-bit Window COM and .NET Object models
- Data mining, ETL, financial and statistical reporting
SQL Consultant 11/2020 to Present
- Used T-SQL, VBA and Excel to create dashboard of accounting, production and inspection metrics from robot data and Great Plains system (SQL Server).
- ETL from various sources: financials, robots, vendor PDFs and Excel workbooks
- Developed dashboards and visualizations to help managers analyze production, shipping, receiving and other business metrics.
Management Practice, Inc, Stamford, CT 01/2012 to 11/2020
Director of Data
Develop and maintain SQL Server, Access and Excel projects that generate mutual fund statistical board reports.
- Downloads XBRL and XML files from SEC
- Parses 485BPOSs into databases using Arrelle XBRL parser
- Parses XML using MS libraries or Python into SQL Server
- Imports various CSV, XLS or PDF tables from fund managers into databases
- Create and maintain library of Excel charts and tables
Foreside Inc, Portland, ME 01/2008 to 12/2012
- Built ETF Authorized Participant trading platform between Foreside and major banks using Visual Studio .NET and SQL Server
- Built FINRA advertising (document) review system in VB.NET
ReportsAutomation.com, New York, NY 01/1999 to 01/2008
Software Developer and Data Analyst
- Automating financial reports in VB and ASP.NET.
- Created various ODBC and data import utilities.
- Clients included: Oppenheimer, Merrill Lynch, Fidelity, Putnam and Legg Mason.
PresenText 01/1993 to 01/1999
Created software/solution to provide EDGAR data and full-text search, using the dtSearch library. Worked on search projects for IBM and MIT Lincoln Labs,
Strategic Insight, Inc., New York, NY 09/1991 to 01/1993
- Developed software in Rbase and FoxPro.
- Creator of Evaluator, which ran hypothetical fees based on different pricing structures for mutual funds.
- In Visual Basic, built all data import routines for SIMFUND
Maxdatabook.com, Cambridge, MA 06/2015 to Present
- Tuatara: developing on-line XML textbooks.
- Business intelligence dashboard for America’s Test Kitchen pulling from various vendor accounting systems.
B.A. in Philosophy from the University of Denver.
Former Treasurer of the Cambridge Hackspace, a 501(c) nonprofit. Former CCO at Guinness-Atkinson Funds.
Former Treasurer and trustee of the Cambridge Hackspace, a 501(c) nonprofit